Inclusion Workshop W-8
Building on the Strengths of Students with Special Needs
Grade Levels: PK-12
Length: ½ or Full-Day Workshop
This session offers K-12 general and special educators and related school staff ways to focus on learner strengths. Inclusive curriculum scenarios in elementary, middle, and high schools are shared for teachers of students with dyslexia, ADHD, emotional, communicative, intellectual, physical, developmental, and sensory differences. Challenges are acknowledged with the appropriate inclusion strategies that collaboratively investigate how to successfully involve learners with and without IEPs in the general education classroom to the maximum extent appropriate. Professional resources are shared for administration, classroom teachers, related staff, families, and learners with and without exceptionalities. Problem solving session included as a time for collaborative teams to focus on plans for specific inclusion grade level, student, and curriculum concerns.
Learn how to establish, develop, and fine-tune:
- Classrooms that honor student strengths.
- Positive inclusion lenses and increased knowledge.
- Inclusion norms and expectations.
- Yearly, quarterly, monthly, and weekly goals.
- Parity for lesson planning, instruction, and assessment.
- Mindsets that look beyond a learner’s disability label.
All inclusion staff and communities.