Inclusion Workshop W-7
Differentiation of Instruction Within Inclusion Classrooms
Grade Levels: PK-5, 6-12
Length: 3-6 Hours
Session will highlight how to differentiate lessons with appropriate goals, methods, materials, classroom designs, and assessments. This includes scaffolding and deliveries that value UDL & UbD principles, peer support, multiple intelligences, discrete task analysis, cooperative learning, brain-based learning, technology, VAKT elements, constructivism, and self-efficacy. Set up structured inclusion classrooms that highlight students’ academic acumens and social skills while offering opportunities for whole class, small group, and individual instruction.
Apply deliveries and assessments that honor the skills and potentials of diverse learners in heterogeneous classrooms with these intended objectives:
- Creation, implementation, and documentation of IEP goals to heighten students’ academic achievements and functional performances.
- Collaboration and communication with students, families, and colleagues.
- Application of literacy and numeracy strategies for enhancing students’ learning in the least restrictive environments.
- Reflection on student scenarios within inclusive environments.
- Connection of curriculum standards with real-life applications.
Pre service and PK-12 educators, curriculum coordinators, related staff and student teams.