Inclusion Workshop W-17
Technology Tools: An Inclusive Educator’s Friend
Grade Level: K-12
Length: 3 Hours
Technology, a powerful tool in classrooms and our globe, is truly an inclusive educator’s ally! Set up lessons that allow students to demonstrate their abilities to critically think, create, connect, and collaborate with an array that ranges from speech-text programs, interactive websites and slant boards to online visual dictionaries, virtual manipulatives, virtual field trips, and interactive web tools. Explore savvy ways to increase students’ academic, social, and communicative skills with appropriate programs and tools for different populations of learners. Increase your efficiency as well by embracing the technology to catapult your organization, research, and documentation. Be a digital educational expert who uses technology to plan, instruct, assess, collaborate, and honor students’ potentials.
Experience how to effectively:
- Use tech tools to increase literacy and numeracy skills.
- Create dynamic differentiated lessons across the disciplines.
- Prepare lessons that incorporate both low- and high-tech tools.
- Use technology to connect to individual learner skill sets.
- Increase communication, documentation, and collaboration.
Pre service teachers, general and special education K-12 educators and staff.