Inclusion Workshop W-14
Social & Emotional Learning: From Challenge to Success for Students with ADHD & LD (Grades 3-12)
Length: 3-6 Hours
Learn about the signs, symptoms, and interventions for students with ADHD and LD. Proactively set up classroom environments that allow students to capitalize on their strengths to excel in academics. Look beyond students’ labels to explore practical classroom strategies and interventions that invite students, school staff, and families to achieve successes, not frustrations. Academic, emotional, social, and behavioral interventions will be explored, along with collaborative family approaches.
Learn how to:
- Identify the signs and symptoms of ADHD; e.g., inattentiveness, hyperactivity, impulsivity.
- Learn about the different types of LD; e.g., dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia.
- Explore how to teach behavioral, organizational and study skills to develop self-regulated learners.
- Apply appropriate instructional and assessment adaptations and interventions for students with ADHD and LD.
- Infuse appropriate technology supports.
- Collaborate with students, staff, and families.
- Compile a list of ADHD and LD tips and resources.
General education and special education teachers across the LRE continuum, team leaders, curriculum supervisors, staff developers, and school staff and families of students in Grades K-12.